Friday, September 5, 2008

"Trav, I don't think we are in Toledo anymore!"


Trav just got back from his week long adventure and we decided to finally go get our drivers license. We drove around aimlessly trying to find a bureau only to realize we were getting closer and closer to downtown. The problem is, we practically live downtown. First of all, after moving four times in ten years, there is nothing I despise more(other than unfriendly people)than having to go to the license bureau. We found the office in the midst of individuals who we believe were petitioning to get their licenses back for one offense or another. Let's just say it was scary. Not just scary, but Trav mentioned we might just have entered the 9th circle of hell. I didn't even feel sorry for the folks...it wasn't as if they couldn't help their appearance or language, they just didn't care. I did pass my test(thank you)missing only three(all having to do with drunk driving points..hello...I don't really drink). I was very happy to leave the place with a new Ohio license in hand. As we drove away, I smiled politely at the young man with his base turned up all the way and thanked Trav for bringing me to this wonderful town. I then looked down to notice they actually put my weight on my license...I think I may now need a drink, a big one!

4 comments:

Jen Guthrie said...

o.k I'll never move to Ohio (sorry clay and jake) if I have to put my weight on my license! No way!!! Did the license lady yell at you-if not then you are definately not in mooresville anymore! miss ya!

ma said...

You have no elitist BMV? No country club places where you can go vote and obtain a license to drive. Did they also speak that second language? Hmmmm....if you felt scared there was a problem. You just take a book to read in English and smile a lot and yes there are BMVS in all states of the great USA And the 2nd to yours is in Anderson IN on a Friday...the last day of the month. Glad you passed, did Trav?

Bountiful Blessings said...

lol, yes ma! I'm just saying that I truly felt the need for my hand sanitizer after leaving. I did beat Trav(hee..hee) but he forget his ss card, so no license. oh, they do speak english, just another unrecognizable dialect.

The Sundbergs said...

ha ha ha ha!!! I love that story! Thanks for the laugh. And I'm glad they didn't put my weight on my TN driver's license! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails