Monday, September 29, 2008

Operation Consumption Crackdown


We typically leave the house by 9am walking through stores just to look around...get a little exercise(ha!). TJ Maxx and Target(the lovely lady in snack avenue who gives us our popcorn) will all miss Sarah and me. The crackdown begins today! It helped that I didn't feel well this am, easing us into staying home. This is going to be very difficult folks. I LOVE running around, wasting gas and purchasing junk. We don't need it...I really don't want it(well maybe the cute pair of brown Puma's at the Maxx would lift my spirits). The brakes have been applied. I will keep you updated on my sanity at the end of the week. P.S. Anyone willing or wanting to join "Operation Consumption Crackdown" may apply. I would love some company in my misery.
At the Mercy Me concert this weekend(which was great, wasn't it CVH?) it was sponsored by Worship2Action. They raise money for worldwide causes and they gave an interesting fact during the concert. For all the children in Africa to have mosquito netting for their beds to protect then from disease such as Malaria, it would cost 1.5 billion dollars. Think about it, if one of our children needed protection that was simple as a net to protect them, we could go and purchase one immediately...these children have NO CHOICE! The Pentagon spends that exact amount;1.5 billion EACH AND EVERY DAY!!! I can't get my thoughts around this $700 billion bailout. I don't understand it, I need it put in simple terms. I like to think I am somewhat smart(??) but I just don't understand. So, the Perry Family brakes are being put on. The Appliance Fairy has yet to answer my call(Circle K gas station bagged ice can work for another six months or so) and I do believe there are those out there that have to make critical and life saving decisions everyday as to where their money goes. I throw money around like the oak trees in my yard produce bills not leaves. I MUST SAVE..save..save! My money will be better off given or spent on a greater cause than another Wii game for the boys or another baby doll for Miss Sis. Can you hear the brakes screeching right now? Will you join me?

3 comments:

the roe family said...

i hear you them and i COMMEND YOU! pete and i did something similar last January. we made it through a whole month staying in and only buying necessities. at the end of the month we had an extra 700 and we felt great about it. i am trying desperately to teach my kids that LESS is MORE. and we should connect with people and nature. keep us posted. i will be excited to see how your weeks turns out.

Cheryl said...

Count me in!!!

LL said...

oh MY! we are the same person. I am doing the exact same thing. and i'm climbing the walls. my favorite thing to do is drive around. stop at the store. walk around. spend money. go to the drive through. drive some more and it's all over and i feel so LOST!
:)
count me in.

Related Posts with Thumbnails