Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Halloween, How I Detest Thee!


I told you all a couple of weeks ago to look for my anti-Halloween post. While it is in jest, I truly don't like the holiday. There are many reasons why, for example...

1) All the scary & gory stuff. Sarah cried when we entered the party store. It was filled with horrific looking decorations. Why must everything be so scary? While walking through Walmart, we passed by the Halloween section when suddenly, this witch began moving and screaming. I do believe the managers and employees enjoy watching people jump.

2) Childhood memories of a boy in the neighborhood(jeff chapman) who would put on a scary mask and chase me around the yard. This along with my brother flipping his eyelids.

3) Last weekend, I walked into the family room to find JWP & CEP laughing while looking at Sunday's paper. There they sat with an ad from the local party store that pictured all of the costumes. Were they looking at the kids costumes? Noooo..it was the women's costumes that had little to no fabric covering them. Grrr.."look mom, there is a girl race-car driver called the racy-racer". What do I say! Don't even get me started on the costumes they make for little girls that are very sexualized.

4) I still love Martha Stewart, but her ongoing fascination and love for Halloween is ridiculous. Give it a break, Martha.

5) Halloween candy. I must not buy it prior to the actual day. Such a weakness to open the bag and take one out. One becomes two, two becomes three, etc.

6) How annoying it is that even after the candy is gone, the door is shut, and the lights are out, the doorbell rings. Please, don't make me get out of my warm bed to tell you in person that we are out of candy.

So, "Happy Trick-or-Treat" to all of you this year. Scrooge will be prepared, just don't ask me for my last Reeses Cup. It's not going to happen.

1 comments:

ma said...

I'm with you kiddo on this one....never did like the little ones to be scared, that's where bad dreams come from. So just keep those mums bright and smiles on the punkins. But I also did have a fondness for Charlotte and her web.

Related Posts with Thumbnails