
This letter is to my local Caribou Coffee. I'm so upset, it made me use incorrect grammar in the post title.
Dear Caribou Coffee Lady,
We have become such good friends. I really like you. You seem like a nice young girl, and you didn't take exception to my mom telling you that any sort of facial piercings are not appropriate in any work environment. You make her lattes to the exact temp of 180 degrees. You mix my two packets of sugar in the hubby's esspresso. You have become my little piece of heaven in this drab town called Toledo. You saved me from my addiction of fountain drinks. You gave me an alternative, a beautiful alternative. The green tea mango smoothie. Yes, it does have lots of calories and sugar, but it is my little pick me up when I realize that I will be here for a while.
Today, I hurried through the drive-thru to order and there you were at the window with your usual smile on your face. Ouch! Doesn't that lip ring hurt when you smile? I digress.... You told me that my drinks would be a dollar off for the next few weeks. I think I just heard angels singing. As I handed over the last of the hubby's b-day gift card(I'm awful, I know) I knew there must be a catch. But why, I questioned...because we only have two more containers of the green tea and since it is a seasonal item, we will no longer be carrying it." Uhhhh...what did she just say? I could feel my throat begin to tighten and a cold sweat come over my body as I questioned her again. She told me we could find an alternative, perhaps on of their seasonal coffees. Ick, bleck, yuck...I hate coffee unless it has flavor that resembles vanilla, hazelnut and soy. So, as I pulled away from the window, on my way to Prayer For The Election and Bible Study, I couldn't help but say a little prayer for myself. I'll miss you green tea mango. Here's to pomegranate!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Say It Ain't True, Caribou!
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 12:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
HOW can they do this to you MID-coke addiction battle???
don't they know you NEED these alternate beverages?!?!?
I too will pray for you. :)
btw. i ALMOST caved today...i REALLY needed a dc. I refrained and now I'm happy i did.
pray for me
OK...life in reality is all about change and I bet you a another gift card that you will love pomegranate....remember nothing is around forever...just like Presidents.
Now my darling Eden, nothing is forever,
Let's go back four years, shall we to the day I the Northerner rang your bell and said
Hi I'm Ann Lademann thinking about moving to the empty lot across the street and I was just wondering is this a nice block to live on and are there any children???? [because I have five and my cousin is moving with me and she has four]???
And looking back at me was this beautiful red haired woman who smiled and [LIED] and said this is a wonderful block with many great kids I would never MOVE I loved it here!!
Because as most of you DON'T know our block was CRAZY and not in the literal sense.
So, the point of my blog today folks is there is always change and somehow with a little prayer and a little caffeine as Ma says we still make it.........
So put your big girl panties on and have the next fall thing they offer and get that gift card from Sandy....
xoxox
aml
aml, i love you!!!!
I live by a goat farm....wanna start the complaining game????? wannnnnnaaaa....'cause I am going to win this one!
I heard a rumor that aml was going to be close to the Hoosier State and might be willing to partake of some hospitality.....make a change in your route and come see us girl friend.
Post a Comment