Friday, October 24, 2008

Speak No Evil Campaign

Why didn't I think of that? This was the exact question I asked myself on Monday. At the boys school, they launched a "speak no evil" campaign. The idea was to make students, faculty and parents think about the words came out of our mouth and what affect it may have on those around them. Each student was given a sticker and if they said anything negative, mean, or evil they had to remove their sticker. It was an honor system which made it even more difficult. Well, if I expected my own kids to try I had to step up to the plate and do the same. The sticker was put on and by noon, my sticker was removed. I couldn't help but call the woman in the car who puled out in front of me "stupid". This was going to be harder than I had ever expected. It did make me stop and think, what exactly am I saying throughout the day. The amount of negative or ugly words of thought that came out of my mouth was unbelievable. I never gave it much thought, but it truly affected my own state of mind along with that of those around me. While I would have loved to have given our presidential candidates stickers to wear throughout the last two weeks of the campaign, I figured it wouldn't even have a chance to be placed on their suit lapel(which of course, they paid for themselves)! As you go about our day, stop and think about what actually comes out of your mouth. Those around you notice, especially your children. May your words be uplifting in a way to put a smile on someones face.

3 comments:

LL said...

LOVE THIS! what a fabulous idea, good lesson for everyone.
Thanks!!!
did you get your 30 minutes last night?? i hope so, it was GOOD!

Bountiful Blessings said...

I did and I enjoyed every moment. I laugh throughout the entire show :)

Jen Guthrie said...

that is awesome...i need a sticker...does it count if you make whispering comments everytime(which equates to every second) you hear a political commercial and you talk back to the tv and no one is around????? who lost their sticker 1st in your home??? stickers would be flying around here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails