


Yesterday, my small village of Holland, Ohio saw something that they had not expected. After landing at the local airport(yes, you can hear the planes)Presidential candidate Barack Obama paid a visit to a neighborhood about a mile down the road from mine. You would have thought it was the second coming of Christ(some actually thought this..jk) Let me preface this post by telling you that northwest Ohio is in a serious state of depression. I'm not talking sadness(although I do account for one of those people). I'm talking about economic depression. Coming from a high growth city, it has taken some time to become adjusted to the attitudes and lack of new and thriving successful business here in the area. Everything seems stagnate. So, here comes Obama talking to the lovely folks of Holland(as you can see from the newspaper pic, they got all done up for the meet and greet). Secret service agents staked out the area(the one agent looks like the hubby..ha). The newspaper called this area a working-class neighborhood, therefore he was there promising to bring jobs to Toledo. Well, this city needs more than just jobs. We need companies who are willing to take a risk on moving their business here. We need to be able to offer tax breaks for these companies. We need citizens to take responsibility for themselves and stop working the system to get by. The voters of this neighborhood are the kind of voters who have been hardest hit by the economic condition of Ohio. He didn't bother coming to my neighborhood where many retried execs spend their days playing golf. Heaven forbid he would even drive through. He would be labeled an "elitist". The problem is, these people are the same ones whose nest eggs and retirement accounts are going down the drain. What does he have planned to help them? Let me guess...tax the *$#%% out of them. So, while I didn't attend the rally, I pray that both candidates will be honest. Stop saying what you feel will get you elected. Say what is going to help all Americans...even the ones here in the small village of Holland, Ohio. We are willing to accept any help we can get from either candidate.
Found online:Obama made the remark, caught on camera, after fielding some tough questions from the plumber Sunday in Ohio, where the Democratic candidate canvassed neighborhoods and encouraged residents to vote early.
"Your new tax plan is going to tax me more, isn't it?" the plumber asked, complaining that he was being taxed "more and more for fulfilling the American dream."
"It's not that I want to punish your success. I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance for success too," Obama responded. "My attitude is that if the economy's good for folks from the bottom up, it's gonna be good for everybody ... I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." (quotes courtesy of foxnews.com)
Hmmm..are we really living in a Democratic country? Sounds like Socialism to me, folks.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Welcome To My Village, Mr. Obama!
Posted by Bountiful Blessings at 12:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
lol..trav warned me about this post. "nobody wants to hear about it". You know what??? I did it anyways...its how I feels. You make me laugh, aml! XOXO
I love this post and this is just one reason that I love you!! I couldn't have expressed these opinions better and I agree with everyone of them. Here's to another anti-lemming who refuses to go off the cliff with the others!
Amen Eden. I'm with you.
Is that Travis working security detail?
Post a Comment